Remote Repair FAQ
Safe, No-Contact Computer Support.
If your computer retains a connection to high-speed internet, rather than drive to your location, a “Geeks On Command!” computer technician can instead establish a connection to repair your computer remotely. Using this connection, your technician can diagnose & repair any troubles you may encounter, including:
- Computer Tune-Ups, & General Maintenance
- Virus, Pop-Ups & Spyware Removal
- Software Installations & Configurations
- Email and Internet Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Blue Screens & Windows Errors
- Computer & Network Security
- Tutoring for Windows & Most Popular Software
- Data Backup & Recovery
Remote support is billed at $75 per hour, added in quarter-hour increments of $18.75 after the first hour.
– A typical “Quick-Fix” Session will be completed in about 1 hour.
– A typical “Full Service” Session will take between 2.5 and 4 hours, depending on the current state of the computer.
“Full Service” includes:
- Hardware Diagnostics (to test the integrity of major components like the hard drive, CPU and RAM)
- Internet Speed & Security Assessment
- Thorough Virus Scan
- Comprehensive PC Tune-Up
- First, contact us to schedule your Remote Support session. *Note: Please have a credit or debit card ready. You’ll need it to reserve & confirm your appointment.
- At the scheduled time, your computer technician will call at the phone number you’ve provided.
- Over the phone, your technician will assist you with the few easy steps necessary to connect with your computer. Once connected, they will begin either a “Quick Fix” or “Full Service” session depending on your previously agreed-upon arrangement.
- Once service has been successfully completed they will answer any questions you have, calculate the total time spent on your session, and your credit card will be charged for any remaining balance.
With at least 24 hours advance notice, a Remote Support session can be cancelled or rescheduled without penalty.
There will be a $35 charge if you cancel within 24 hours of your scheduled session, or if you are not available at your computer to accept your technician within 15 minutes of your scheduled time – so be sure to remember your appointment!
Back To Top: Remote Computer Repair FAQ